Super Silver Snowflake Tags

 

There are 3 single snowflakes in the Snow Is Glistening stamp which I thought would look great with silver heat embossing on a dark card base.  I opted for Night of Navy card and silver embossing powder.  Although I did use an embossing buddy prior to using the Versamark ink, I did have some stray powder on the card but I think it added to the overall snowy feel of the project. 

For this project, I used:

1 sheet of Night of Navy, cut at 10”

SU! Snow Is Glistening stamp set

Silver embossing powder

Versamark ink pad

SU! Scalloped tag topper punch

2.5m navy and white twine

10 rhinestones

Scraps of white card

After applying the Embossing Buddy to the navy card, I randomly stamped the snowflakes onto the 10” piece of navy card.

 

I then applied silver embossing powder and set with the heat tool.  You can see in this picture the grey powder on the left before it is heat set and the silver ‘set’ powder on the right.

I used the embossing buddy onto the slim navy card strip and stamped the ‘For You’ sentiment 10 times in Versamark, added silver embossing powder and heat set it.

 

I cut out each ‘For You’ and flagged the end.  I cut the large sheet in half at 4⅛” and then into 2” strips and then punched the top with the tag topper punch.

 

I found some scraps of white card and glued the non-flagged end of the ‘For You’ onto the white card and cut out leaving a slim white border showing.  I then glued these onto the tags and added a rhinestone.

 

Add 10” of twine or ribbon and 10 tags are complete!





Images © 2018 Stampin’ Up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window