Hello Cupcake!

My challenge to myself this week was to make a card using colours that I don’t normally reach for.  I like purple, grey, green and blue so tend to use those frequently and the other colours don’t get a look in. So, I decided to use some new purchases: Bermuda Bay, Lovely Lipstick and Sahara Sand.  I also used Very Vanilla cardstock too instead of my usual white, together with my new Buffalo Check background stamp and one of my prizes from a couple of weeks ago, Hello Cupcake.

The biggest job was working out the dimensions of the parts of the card as this is my first one of this design.  Once that was complete, the actual card only took about 15 minutes to create so it’s a great option for putting into card packs or making multiples.

For this card I used:

Sahara Sand:  card base4⅛” x 8⅝” (scored at 5¾”) and mat layer 4¼” x 2¾”

Very Vanilla: liner 5½” x 3⅞”, card front 4” x 2½”, mat layer 2⅝” x 3⅞” (you could use some DSP for this piece instead), sentiment 1¾” x 2”

First, I did all the stamping.  I did change my mind about the sentiment colour when it came to assembling the card as the Bermuda Bay didn’t stand out enough and had to stamp again using Lovely Lipstick - you can’t always tell these things until you’re at that stage!

I stamped the sprinkles down the liner edge and used the blender pen and some ink from the pad to colour them and then stamped the heart in pink to add a little pop of colour.

Once all the stamping was done, it was simply a case of sticking the pieces into place.

I fussy cut the icing so that I could pop it up on dimensionals.

On the smallest piece I cut the end using the Triple Banner Punch and then stamped the sentiment and cut it to size.  It seemed a little bare so I found an offcut of ribbon in a complimentary colour to wrap around the top.  This was adhered using dimensionals.

And that’s all there is to it!

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window