Simple Stamping

  Sometimes I get a bit focused on producing fancy and complicated cards and I lose sight of how I started in card making – just simply stamping.  I bought the Perennial Birthday stamp set purely for the birthday sentiments and hadn’t really considered using the other images to produce a card.  How very remiss of me!  After being inspired by Sally, one of the Inspiring Inkin’ team, I firstly copied her card to get me in the groove and then let my creative juices flow.  I cut a bunch of card fronts and just stamped away!

 

Some are a variation on a theme using different colours – it’s remarkable how just changing the colours can give a card a completely different feel.  I masked a section using a Post-it note to leave me a blank space to stamp the sentiment. 

  

  

 

Others I did a bit more with and fussy cut the flowers and leaves and layered on an embossed stamped background.

   

I even managed a ‘male’ card just using the large sentiment and a rainbow palette of inks.

 

This set has a whole new lease of life now and I’ve enjoyed getting back to basics again.   Win-win all round!

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window