Paper Piecing & Tea Together

 

This is a technique I was introduced to at the Stampin’ Up! team training last month. It uses outline stamps that you would usually colour in but patterned paper is used instead.  It requires some fussy cutting but the finished look is really quite effective.

The demonstration used the Beautiful You stamp set which looked great but I don’t have that so I used the Tea Together set as it was the only suitable set I have that would work with the technique.  I also used some blue Gingham Gala DSP and a Balmy Blue card base.

First, I stamped the cup image and then stamped it again on a Post-it Note to create a mask and fussy cut around the right-hand side of the image.  This is because I wanted to create some perspective by stamping the teapot so that it looks like it’s placed behind the cup.

Sorry! This pic is a bit blurred

 Once this was done, I stamped both images onto the gingham paper.

I decided which parts of the images I wanted to have the gingham pattern and fussy cut them (I later decided against the teapot lid).

All that was left to do was to glue the patterned paper into the appropriate positions and then mounted the piece onto the card base.  I finished the card with some flower shaped sequins.

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window