Feels Like Frost

 

Frosted Foliage stamps and the Frosted Frames dies are part of the Feels Like Frost suite in this year’s Autumn/Winter catalogue.  The suite includes Seaside Spray metallic ribbon, chunky glitter and some gorgeous DSP.  I don’t often buy DSP as I never know what to do with it!  This DSP has such beautiful images so I thought I’d challenge myself to use some on a card.

The Frosted Frames don’t actually cut out any of the images from The Frosted Foliage set; they’re more complimentary than coordinating.

I used the large greeting from the set and also the ‘Seasons Greetings’ from So Many Stars.  The snowflakes and foliage stamps were repeat stamped to fill in the blank space surrounding the greetings.  I used silver embossing powder on Whisper White card and on vellum and used the smaller frame to cut them out.

I tried white embossing powder but wasn’t happy with the finish.  The colour was slightly off white and the images weren’t crisp.  I made it into a tag anyway with a Seaside Spray frame and metallic ribbon!

To add some extra interest without detracting from the DSP frame, I stamped the foliage and snowflakes with Versamark and applied clear embossing powder.  This gives a shiny, subtle background.

I cut out the fancy frame from one of the darker DSP sheets and mounted the vellum on top using tiny dots of glue behind the embossed areas so that the adhesive didn’t show through.

For my next card, I stamped the foliage and snowflakes in the same ink as the card base, Blackberry Bliss in this case.

The fancy frame was cut from Smoky Slate and I went over the edges with my Wink of Stella pen to get a sparkly, frosty look.

The last card was made the same way using Night of Navy and Seaside Spray.

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window