Hand Lettering Charity Cards


Aside from the actual enjoyment of doing hand lettering, part of my reason for attending the course on modern calligraphy earlier this year was to be able to create sentiments that aren’t available with stamp sets.  Never was this more applicable than when my friend asked me to create some simple but rude cards!  She didn’t want fancy writing as that was too nice(!) so I went for block lettering with a mix of lower case and capital letters.

Another friend has just set up a cat rescue charity and is having a launch party and fund raiser at the end of the month so she asked me if I could create some cat-themed things for them to sell to raise money.  I started by sketching out the letters on graph paper and then traced over them onto tracing paper using a marker pen.

The next stage was to put the card base and lettering template onto a light box and effectively trace the letters onto the card base.  I don’t concern myself if the letters aren’t perfectly traced – they are hand-lettered after all – but having the lettering set up ensures that the sentiment is central and the letters are equally spaced.

To add a little texture and Christmas theme, I ran each piece through a snowflake embossing folder in my Big Shot and added a cat silhouette using glitter card/DSP and the Stampin’ Up! cat punch.

Lastly, the pieces were mounted on coloured card bases.

I’ve also been playing around with arranging lettering from various cat-themed items I have around the house and making them into frames.

The fund raiser is for The Cat Welfare Group and will be held on Saturday 30th November 2019 at Lock’s Heath Working Men’s Club, Duncan Road, Park Gate, SO31 1BD between 16:00 – 18:00.  Pop along for the opportunity to buy some great goodies for Christmas made by local people, have a cuppa and a piece of cake and support a very worthy cause.

Hope to see you there!

 

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window