Pigment Tree Tags

 

It’s been quite a hectic week for me this week.  After returning relaxed and refreshed from my holiday the previous week, this one has been full on.  It started with a trip to see a consultant about my arm.  We are possibly a stage closer to getting the problem sorted in that the consultant believes that the root cause of my arm pain is actually in my neck.  A course of anti-inflammatory meds and a comprehensive neck mobilisation exercise routine are now under way.  Fingers crossed this will resolve the problem.

I have been at work nearly all week and when I wasn’t, I was in my craft room making stuff for the charity craft event yesterday.  Mr L decided to come along to help at the craft event which made it much more fun for me.  I was really pleased with our stall and even more pleased with the £55 profit we made, all of which we donated to The Cat Welfare Group.

One of my projects this week involved using Stampin’ Up! Pigment Sprinkles.  I sprinkled some of the powders onto watercolour paper and then spritzed with lots of water mixed with a few drops of Shimmer Paint.  It looked a right mess when it was wet, as you can see!

The colours muted a lot once they’d dried and I used the Pine Tree punch to make toppers for my tags.

I decided to use craft card for the background since the tree colours are not very traditional and I thought the craft brown worked better with the trees.  I stamped a variety of snowflakes randomly on the card in Crumb Cake ink.  Next was to trim the pieces into 2” strips and make the holes with the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch.

I heat embossed the sentiment on white card for the snow using copper and gold embossing powder and glued these to the bottom of the tags.  Lastly the trees were stuck on using Dimensionals and some twine added.

I used gold glimmer paper to make another set in the same way.

Another variation on the same theme, these cards used the last of the pigmented paper trees and also some gold and black glimmer paper.

Non-traditional but sometimes it’s good to go a little ‘off-piste’!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window