Quick Celebratory Cards

 

Need a last minute Happy New Year card? The Sip Sip Hooray set is a great set for these and also for any celebratory cards where you might raise a toast.

My birthday cards are CASEd from a post on Pinterest by Karen Spreckley. I really loved her bold colour choices. I used Night of Navy for the card base and bubble cut out and Rococco Rose and some leftover pink foil from SAB earlier this year.

A panel of pink card served as the backdrop for my glass of pink fizz and I heat embossed the sentiment.

 

A few rhinestones finished the cards with a bit of bling!

A quick tip for stamping skinny photopolymer stamps that need cutting out with dies. In order to not bend the stamps so they don’t cut out neatly, place the stamp in the die before mounting it on the block.

Glasses of champagne are a great image for celebratory cards for an anniversary, wedding, engagement or new job. The colours can be themed for a ruby, silver or golden wedding anniversary or to match a wedding decor. I’ve used whisper White, So Saffron and Smoky Slate - colours which I wouldn’t have guessed go together but actually work well.

I cut a heart mask and sponged So Saffron ink into the heart space.

Next, I cut the same heart from mercury glass acetate and stuck it over the yellow heart using spray glue. I stamped 2 champagne flutes and went over the drink with my Wink of Stella.

My plan was a clean and simple card so I heat embossed Congratulations in silver and left the bottom blank ready to stamp whatever I’m sending the congratulations for!

So that's all for another year.  I’ll leave you with wishes for a happy and healthy 2020.

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window