Teabag Folded Christmas Tree



Mr L’s parents are going on a cruise over Christmas and New Year.  Since they won’t be at home, they won’t have a Christmas tree so I decided to make them a card with a dimensional tree on it so they have a little Christmas tree in their cabin over the festive season.  Whilst surfing around on YouTube, I watched a great video by Jan Brown on how to make a tree using a teabag folding technique.  I’ve never done any teabag folding so I decided to CASE Jan’s card and give teabag folding a go.

I started by cutting out 5 squares of patterned paper (I used Stampin’ Up! First Frost DSP) comprising squares of 1½”, 2”, 2½”, 3” and 3½”.  Since the DSP is only 6” square, I had to use two sheets so went with 2 different patterns.

The next step was to fold each piece in half once, and then on each diagonal.  The first folds go down to make valley folds and the diagonal folds push up into mountain folds.

The side folds were pushed inwards to make a triangular shape.

Next, I folded the points of the front triangle downwards, lining up the top edge of the triangle with the centreline.

Once all the pieces were folded, the pieces were glued together by inserting the point of the triangle into the next size down to form the tree shape.  I mounted the tree onto a Real Red card base, embellished with some heat embossed snowflakes and a wavy sentiment.  A ribbon bow finished off the top of the tree.

The side view shows the dimension of the tree.

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window