Fabric Corner Bookmark

This was a little project I happened across last month which I decided to make for my Mum to go with the books I’d got her for Christmas.  It’s a really straightforward make; if you can sew a straight line, this will be no problem.

Start with three 4” squares of fabric, two for the square and one for the corner, together with one square and a half square of interfacing.

I used iron-on interfacing which I applied to the back of one of the pair of squares and the triangle of interfacing to the front corner square.  The front piece was folded in half and pressed. 

The pieces were layered, square – triangle – square, pinned and sewn around with a ¼” seam allowance, leaving a gap for turning.  I clipped the corners to give a neater finish once turned.

Once turned the right way out, the bookmark was pressed, turning in the seam allowance of the turning gap, and top stitched all the way around.

The finished bookmark sits neatly on the corner of the book – no more folded page corners!

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window