My New Toy

 

Happy New Year! I hope that you had a good time over the festive season.  I was working a night shift on New Year’s Eve but since I was working with Mr L, it was OK.  This week I’ve been playing with my new toy I had for Christmas – one of those ‘To me, from me’ gifts!!  It’s a Cricut Maker cutting machine.  After my friend lent me hers for a couple of weeks, I had to have one.  I started by cutting out some vinyl letters to put on the festive radiator bed I made for Leia.  So cute!

There’s a lot to learn to get the most out of it, in particular how to use the Design Space to create the projects.  To practice ‘slicing’, I decided to make some window templates for my card making.  The beauty of this is that the shapes can be lined up and cut accurately. I tried the template with circles, squares, hearts, stars and rectangles.

For my card, I used the square template and applied Blackberry Bliss ink with a sponge dauber.

Once the ink was dry, I stamped the skeleton leaf from the Rooted in Nature bundle with Versamark, applied silver embossing powder and heat set it.

The sentiment was added and the front mounted onto a Blackberry Bliss card base. The leaf was stamped onto the liner and envelope.

I used the cut outs to make my other card, using a different leaf from the set, heat embossed using copper embossing powder and mounted onto Mint Macaron squares.

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window