Fun Fold: Double Easel Step Card

 

My card this week is one I made for my God-daughter’s sister, Charlotte, who celebrated her 18th birthday last week.  I picked these colours as they are similar to those she chose for her bedroom, so I’m guessing she likes them!

The card is another ‘fun fold’ called a double easel.  It is built from a standard card base with an extra half sized piece fixed on the front.  First, I glued the extension piece on place and then attached my various decorative paper panels.

Next, I die cut a bunch of decorative elements from the Stampin’ Up! Stitched Stars set.  I wasn’t exactly sure what I was going to use but I like to use this process to create.  I also die cut a ‘happy birthday’ sentiment and number 18.

I stamped the piece to write on, which was going on the back, and the envelope with one of the star images from the So Many Stars set.

Here’s the finished card.

The great thing about this style of card is the added dimension given by the front fold.

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window