Thoughtful Blooms

The weather here in the south of the UK has been particularly dismal for the past few weeks.  The eternally grey and rainy skies have really been getting me down so to cheer myself up, I thought I’d make a bright, happy, flowery card.  My stamp set of choice was the freebie from Sale-A-Bration called Thoughtful Blooms and the matching punch.

I decided to do a gate-fold design so cut my card base from Lovely Lipstick and some Whisper White panels to decorate the front sections and inside.  The flowers and foliage were stamped using Lovely Lipstick and Old Olive inks.

These panels were stuck onto the card base after attaching a strip of ribbon for some added texture and interest.

The single flowers were cut out with the punch.  To give them extra dimension, I used my ball tool and the foam mat from my Stamparatus to curve the flowers.

I added a medium sized rhinestone in the centre of the flowers and glued them on top of some of the flowers on the front of the card.  I also made a bow for the centre of the ribbon.

The last job was to add a sentiment which I took from the S-A-B freebie set Sending You Thoughts.

The front when the 'gates' are folded in.

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window