Very Versailles

The Stampin’ Up! Very Versailles set is a simple, elegant set which can be used to create cards quite quickly.  I think it also lends itself to a vintage look.  To achieve that on my card, I simply used a sponge dauber lightly on the edges to give a slightly distressed finish.

First, I stamped the lettering twice in Smoky Slate.

Next, using Mint Macaron, I stamped the leaf image twice into the gaps.

I often find the sentiments in the sets a bit “full on” as is the case with ‘Always thinking of you’ in this set.  Normally I would do a bit of surgery and cut off the ‘always’ but I was concerned that the long crossbar of the ‘t’ in ‘thinking’ would lose some support and smudge so opted to cover it instead when I inked up the stamp.  Then I removed the cover and stamped my sentiment.

The last job was to build my card by mounting the front onto a Mint Macaron mat and then onto a thick Whisper White card base and adding some self-adhesive sequins.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window