Pretty Piano

 

Whilst surfing around on Pinterest the other day, I saw a really cool easel card in the shape of a grand piano.  I was looking for ideas for an anniversary card for Mr L and was planning on using Stampin’ Up! Music From The Heart so this fancy fold was the perfect match.  Most grand pianos I’ve seen are black but I made mine cream, well Vanilla actually!

After I’d cut out my card base and a 5½” square piece for the piano lid, I set to work making the keyboard.  I cut 10 pieces of Whisper White card ½” wide for the white keys and 7 pieces of Basic Black card ¼” wide for the black keys  I glued the white keys onto a piece of black card and then fixed the black notes on with foam strips as these would form the ‘stopper’ for my easel.

Next, I repeat stamped the wavy keyboard image onto the top of the front section of my easel card base.  This would only really be visible when the card was closed.

I stamped the treble clef, stave and some notes on a scrap of Very Vanilla and backed this with a piece of gold glimmer paper to make the music stand.  To make it more decorative, I added a section punched from the Pretty Label punch at the top.

Now for the piano lid.  To make an approximation of the lid shape, I punched a circle with my 2¼” punch from the top right corner and then used scissors to straighten out the edges.  Next, I stamped my sentiment added a red enamel heart.  I didn’t think the piano was looking particularly grand so I die cut two flourishes (from the Detailed Deer) from gold card and glued them in place.

Finally, to assemble, I glued the lid onto the bottom half of the front of the card base and glued the music stand in place.  This is what the card looks like when it’s closed.

Inside, I layered Basic Black and Real Red and added my decorated inner.  The envelope was also stamped with various images from the set.

Here’s my finished pretty piano card.

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window