Painted Poppies


I hope this blog post finds you healthy and well.  It’s approaching the end of lockdown week 2 here in the UK but I fully expect that the lockdown will be extended as sadly, the number of Coronavirus deaths is still rising.  I am quite enjoying the enforced staying at home time (in between my shifts) as I can do things as and when I feel like it, taking as long as I want as I don’t have to fit them around other engagements.  My lovely Pilates teacher has taken her classes online too, which I am very pleased about!  I am trying to concentrate on the things I can do, rather than the things I can’t, to stay positive in these strange times.  For example, my hair is getting rather long but I was considering a style change anyway so this gives me a head start – no pun intended!

It was whilst I was out sowing carrots in the veg patch that the idea for this card came to me.  Our soil is quite stony so we grow carrots in a large container filled with sieved soil.  I know, mollycoddled carrots!  Anyway, there’s a self-sown poppy growing in there so I’ve just left it to carry on but it brought to mind the Painted Poppies set I’d not yet used.  I summoned up my mojo from wherever it’s been hiding for the past couple of weeks and got cracking.

I began by heat embossing the poppies in gold.

Next, I coloured in the petals using my polychromos colouring pencils.

The sentiment is from Peaceful Moments, a handy set to cover most situations.  The front was mounted on a Whisper White mat and then onto a Poppy Parade card base.

I then tried a second card using white and colouring with a blender pen and some ink from the pad stamped onto a block.

 

This didn’t dry as quickly as I thought and I ended up smudging it in a lot of places so it’s not fit to send to anyone but I glued it with temporary adhesive so I could get the contrast with the black version.

The same card but two completely different looks.

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window