Frosted Floral Farewell

It’s time for the new Stampin’ Up! catalogue and I’m sad to say that a lot of my favourites are out 😞  Two of my faves are the First Frost stamp set and coordinating Frosted Bouquet dies.  Whilst these will be disappearing from the catalogue, they’ll not be leaving my personal collection any time soon.  There are two cards on the post this week, the second one was inspired by the liner of the first! Just goes to show that inspiration comes from all sorts of places.

First, I stamped and die cut a selection of flower and leaf images and heat embossed the sentiment on a pretty label punch.

I repeat stamped the thistle image on a Mint Macaron card front and dry embossed with the Layered Leaves.  At this point, I realised that the card base wouldn’t be sturdy enough so I cut it down to make the front panel of my card.

The next job was to arrange the flowers and foliage elements around the sentiment to create my focal image.

I stamped the liner and envelope by stamping the flower and then masked the flower to stamp the leaf image.

To break up the card front, I attached a strip of burlap ribbon onto a strip of Lovely Lipstick and then mounted the focal on top.  The panel was then mounted onto a Lovely Lipstick card base to make a very colourful creation.

Whilst I was making the liner for the above card, I really liked the liner so decided to make a card using that design. I repeat stamped the flower and then masked the images whilst I stamped the foliage between.  To finish, I added a few rhinestones.

Unfortunately, when I posted these two cards, the minute I'd dropped them in the postbox, I realised that I forgot to put stamps on the envelopes.  Doh!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window