Poignant Poppy

 

Poppies are synonymous with remembrance so are a perfect image for a card, the very reason of which is to let someone know you’re thinking of them.  Whilst I made this a condolence card for my Mum to give to her friend who had lost her husband, it is also suitable for a birthday or thank you card.

To begin, I cut two stitched rectangles and stamped, then embossed in silver, the single poppy image and the sentiment.  The image was then coloured with pencils.

Whilst I had the stamp out, I partially stamped the image again using Smoky Slate on the envelope and liner.  I usually stamp these in the bottom right corner but because of the direction of the flower, I thought the left-hand side suited it better.

The Scripty folder provided the dry embossing and then I stuck a length of Tear ‘n’ Tape on to adhere my ribbon.  I always get ribbon wonky so I used the grid paper to help line it up.

After sticking on my ribbon, I glued the embossed layer to a Smoky Slate layer and then mounted it on the card base.  The focal element and sentiment were raised on Dimentionals.

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window