Faux Torn


 

This week, I learned that a technique that I’ve been using for years actually has a name!  It’s called the Faux Torn technique, as the finished card looks like it has a torn strip of patterned paper stuck to the card when it’s actually an inked panel.  It’s very simple to do and a change of the inked colours or stamped images completely alters the look.

To begin, I tore the edges off the sticky edge of a post-it note although torn copier paper will do just fine too.

Next, I blended two or three complementary colours into the torn gap, followed by some simple stamping.

Lastly, I added a greeting and mounted the card on layers to match the blended colours.

This is another version done in different colours and stamp.

For this card, rather than just simple stamping, I heat embossed the design and then used the Subtle embossing folder for some texture.

My last card was a card for my in-laws’ 40th wedding anniversary.  I repeated the torn panel to cover more of the card background.

 

Four cards, each with a completely different look!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window