Flower Shadow Box

 
At the end of last month, my in-laws celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary.  I had seen these box frame projects on Pinterest and wanted to make one in reds and purples since traditionally 40 years is a ruby anniversary.

To begin, I downloaded a flower file and cut it out on my Cricut.  It was a bit large to fit under the glass but a good practice.  I then cut out 25 flower templates in a mix of red, pink and purple card.


 Using my bone folder, I gently curved the first 3 petals and then, using my tweezers, started rolling up the petals.  Once rolled, I released the tension slightly until the flower was the right size and then glued the base on with my hot glue gun.  


The next stage was to cover the back of the shadow box with white card and then glue the flowers in place.

I used the Cricut’s Design Space to make my vinyl decal, which I stuck onto the front of the glass, and then assembled the box frame.


 
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is CALL2b_black_inv.png

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window