Scrappy Strips

 

This is a handy technique for using up those old bits of DSP you’ve got lying around after finishing other projects.  However, you can also just use coloured card or even a single colour card that’s been textured with embossing folders.

To begin, I cut a bunch of wonky strips – ones where the edges aren’t parallel.   The strips need to be longer than the card panel you’re sticking them to.  As I was making a single colour, I added texture to my strips by using a variety of embossing folders.

It’s not entirely necessary but makes life a lot easier to have a non-stick sheet to put the card layer on that the strips will be stuck to.  This is because the strip overhang will have glue on and will stick to anything underneath.  I roughly planned out my strip arrangement and began to glue them in place, leaving a small gap between each strip.

After the glue dried, I turned my card over and trimmed the strips with scissors, using the edge of the card panel as my guide.

I layered my strippy panel on a Champagne foil sheet but ‘gutted’ it first so as not to waste the inner portion and then mounted onto my card base.

The last step is to add the sentiment and any decorative elements.  I cut some leaf shapes using the Forever Flourishing dies from the gutted piece of Champagne foil and stamped some foliage images on the liner and envelope.

I also made another card using the Playful Pets DSP together with some blank card strips to tone down the patterns.  The dog is cut from the DSP using one of the Pampered Pets dies.

It really changes up the look using different card and paper and creates fun, unique backgrounds.

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window