Glitzy Golden Forest

This week’s star of the show is the Stampin’ Up! Evergreen Forest 3D embossing folder.  It’s super detailed and has so much dimension that it deserves to be the focal point of the card.  I paired it with the new Brushed Metallic cardstock for added glitz!

To begin, I embossed a top layer of white card and a skinnier panel of metallic card.  I deliberately made my metallic panel longer so that I’d have some wiggle room when assembling the two together.

As the embossing is so deep, it’s easy to ‘feel’ when the panels are aligned and the branches match.  Once aligned, I glued first the top half, holding the bottom in place, then lifted the bottom to adhere that.  I used lots of liquid glue to get into all the nooks and crannies of the trees.  Once dry, I trimmed off the excess metallic card.

I wanted a pop of colour on the card so I applied a strip of adhesive tape across the panel to attach some coordinating ribbon.

Lastly, I mounted the panel onto a Cherry Cobbler mat layer and then onto the Smoky Slate card base, adding the greeting.

Since I had three colours of brushed metallic card, I had to make three cards. This one is in more traditional colours comprising Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green.

The last one is copper with Pretty Peacock and Night of Navy.

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window