Happy New Home

 

This week, my sister and brother-in-law moved from 120 miles away to ‘cup-of-tea distance’ (7 miles) away!  I haven’t lived this close to my sister for just over 30 years so I’m very happy indeed to have her nearby again.  This week’s post is the new home card that I made for them.

To begin, I cut a house from the Home Together die set a couple of times together with a panel to fit behind the heart hole.  I glued these layers together and added a red glitter heart into the hole.

Next was my background and I used the Detailed Hearts die.  I cut one in white and another in Smoky Slate as I wanted to inlay some of the hearts with white and grey.  This die cuts out loads of hearts – handy for a shaker card!

My greeting was next.  I have no ‘new home’ sentiment stamps and the home related ones I do have say Congrats.  Eugh! - I hate Congrats!!  So, I’d have to make my own.  I wanted to say ‘Happy New Home’ so I used the happy from a happy birthday die.  A quick tip for die cutting.  I’ve had this die for many years.  The more modern dies seem to release easier but this one holds on to the card so well that the cut-out often rips when trying to get it out of the die.  If you have dies like this, add a layer of wax paper between the die and the card and it will release much easier.

For my sentiment panel, I cut out a small rectangle, rounded the corners, adhered the glitter ‘happy’ and then wrote in ‘new home’.  I then glued the house onto the rectangle.

The heart panel was mounted onto a grey card base and the sentiment popped up on foam dimensionals with some silver thread underneath.

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window