Jigsaw Love

 


It was my parent’s wedding anniversary last week.  They are avid jigsaw doers so we bought them a couple of new ones, one of which is Van Gogh’s The Starry Night.  That will keep them busy a while!

To coordinate with their gifts, I decided on a jigsaw-based card.  I’ve made similar cards with hearts as the bride and groom.  I used my Cricut to cut out the pieces.

For the ‘bride’, I dry embossed the piece and added a pearl necklace before gluing the 4 pieces together.

For the ‘groom’ I chopped off the bobble, then cut down the centre and folded back the two triangles to form the lapels of the jacket.  I drew on the buttons with a white gel pen and the bow-tie is a small piece of ribbon with a knot tied in it. The pieces were glued together, adding in a white layer for the shirt.

I like clean and simple background for these style cards so I simply scored a frame from the reverse and then added my greeting using black ink and clear embossing powder.  I prefer this to black embossing powder as I think it gives a sharper image.  This was mounted on a black mat layer.

Finally, I adhered the jigsaw pieces onto the card using some thin foam squares.

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window