A Whaley Good Birthday


I really like the Whale of a Time DSP from Stampin’ Up! It makes it very simple to create a stunning background for cards. However, to avoid it looking like I’d just stuck a bit of paper on my card, I cut my DSP into panels and matted them.

 

Using the coordinating punch, I cut out a whale and glued it onto a whale cut from navy card to give more stability.

 

I heat embossed my sentiments in silver and also added the bubbles on the centre panel above where the whale would be.
 
 
The inside sentiment is from the Whale Done stamp set together with the shoal of fish, which I also stamped on the envelope.
 
The final job was to assemble the various elements.  The panels were glued onto the card base and I added foam behind the whale and the sentiments for some dimension.

 

 


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window