Another Anniversary


A few weeks ago, Mr L and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at home, unusually for us.  We normally like to go away somewhere sunny for our anniversary but obviously that’s not been an option this year.  We often go to Thailand as we love the food as well as the weather so we celebrated with a Thai takeaway.  It was delicious although not quite the same as eating with your feet in the sand and the sound of waves lapping at the shore.  Oh well, maybe next year.

For my card for Mr L, I used my Cricut.  There was a project in Design Space of a heart shaped jigsaw so I cut out a bunch of these in black and white, together with some purple as this was our wedding colour. I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to do so I cut out plenty so I could play around with them.

After adhering the black frame, I decided to stack the jigsaw pieces but dry embossed the top layer to add some interest without it getting to busy.

The lettering was from black vinyl using the Cricut and stuck onto the card.  Infuriatingly, the transfer tape ripped my card just as I reached the end.  Emergency repairs required! As I had some jigsaw pieces to spare, I cut a couple of these down to cover the corners.  I actually like the card better with the corners on as it complimented the heart shaped focal element.

Mr L’s card to me was a true masterpiece!  He was inspired by the 20th Century Fox logo and used it to sketch out his design and coloured it beautifully with coloured pencils.

I do love receiving his homemade cards!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window