Meow Wiper Card


This week’s card is inspired by a card made by Therese Calvird from www.lostinpaper.com in this post - I really loved the repeat stamping of the kitties!  To make the card my own, I wanted to make the upside-down kitty into a wiper element on a Z-fold wiper card.

First, I repeat stamped the kitty by using masks to protect the lower line of cats.  I used MFT’s I Knead You stamp set.

Next, I adhered these panels onto my card base, which is 3” longer than my standard card front and scored at 1½” and 3” from one end.  The Z-fold section is 1¾” wide and the same length as the base and scored in the same places.  The extra panels were decorated using the Meow stencil from Newton’s Nook.

The wiper element was next.  I coloured one of the kitties in greys (like my tabby cats) and cut out a small rectangle for the wiper mechanism.

Now, I watched many YouTube videos to try to get my head around the wiper mechanism!  This way seemed the easiest.  I glued the Z-fold card together and then made a 45˚ score line at one end of the wiper mechanism, folding it back and forth a few times to loosen it up.   After putting glue only onto the underside of the triangle, I held the piece underneath the Z-fold with the point up the the fold line (it’s shown in the photo in the correct position but on top of the Z-fold) and then folded the card flat so that the triangle was glued to the side of the Z-fold.

The next job was to attach the wiper element.  I attached it with Blue-Tack to begin so I could check the position and ensure that it would be covered by the front when the card is closed.

Finally, I stamped a piece for the back of the card, decorated the envelope and added a sentiment onto the front.

Here’s the card when it’s closed…

And when it’s opened…

Here’s the card in action.


 I love a fun fold but a kinetic fun fold is even better!

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window