A Wedding Honour

 

Towards the end of last year, my friend asked me if I would help her with her wedding invitations.  I was really honoured to be asked! She and her fiancĂ© didn’t really have any ideas with regard to the style of invitations but that their wedding colour would be purple.  After trawling Pinterest to see what is fashionable now, I made 8 invitations for the couple to choose from.  Some were stamped, some were from Cricut’s project library and some I designed from scratch.  I was so chuffed when they chose my own design.

My design was based on the bride and groom’s initials and an ampersand, all woven together.  I used my Cricut to cut these out of purple card and also cut out the initials themselves from silver card.

Since the card would be a gatefold, I wanted a belly band to hold the card closed.  This was decorated with a glitter heart and some purple and white ribbon.

The wording for the inside was done on the computer and printed out.  After being cut to size, I heat embossed a repeating silver leaf pattern all around the edge.

The envelopes had the same silver leaf embossing to match.

The back of each gate was covered with a piece of velum and the initials glued onto the front.

 

It was quite a nerve-wracking experience making these invitations – even more so than when Mr L and I made our own - I don’t think I’ll be going into the wedding invitations business any time soon!!  However, I love the fact that the bride and groom have their very own unique and personal invitations to send to their guests. And that makes me happy! 

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window