Happy Hearts

 


I love making cards for a special occasion so when Mr L requested a card for his friend who had just got engaged, I went straight to work.  Hearts are perfect for engagement and anniversary cards so I used the Stampin’ Up Detailed Hearts Die (now retired), which is great for 2 for 1 cards as you can use the frame on one card and the hearts on another!

To begin, I added a sheet of Stick-It adhesive to the pink card and cut two using the die.  The adhesive makes it much easier to stick down thin die-cuts like this but before doing so, I glued one on top of the other to give a stacked look.

Next, I adhered this onto the card base and inlaid some white hearts (left over from a previous use of this die!) to give a pop.  I also stamped the sentiment.

As there were a LOT of self-adhesive hearts created by the two die-cuts, I used some for the card liner and envelope.

For the final assembly, I popped the sentiment up on foam squares and added a few pearl accents for understated bling – can bling be understated??!

With the plethora of pink hearts, I used the frame to stick these in place on another card base.  I could have not used the frame since I filled in some gaps later anyway.  I added a few white and grey hearts for added interest.

Once I took away the frame, there were a few gaps so I added a few hearts popped up on foam tape.

The final touches were a silver heat embossed sentiment and some rhinestones for a modern anniversary card.

 

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window