Bike 'Broidery

 

A couple of months ago, my friend completed a Land’s End to John O’Groats virtual cycling fundraising challenge.  By her own admission, she is more of a “couch to couch” rather than ‘couch to 5K’ person, so she did amazingly well to complete this, ahead of schedule too.  During the same month, this kit came with my embroidery magazine so I thought this would make a great memento for Ruth.

The kit came with the embroidery flosses, a pink embroidery hoop and the image pre-printed on some cotton fabric.

The magazine gave instructions on which stitches to use for the different sections.

Once the picture was finished, I thought it would be nice to add a few details to make it personal.  I designed the layout on my computer and printed it out, then, using my lightbox, transferred the design onto the fabric and embroidered it.

To finish, I folded the edges of the fabric in and glued a circle of felt on the back to neaten.  Lastly, a loop of ribbon was added for hanging.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window