Dreamy Dandelions

 

I’ve not been well for the past 6 weeks or so and as a result, my creative mojo has disappeared.   When I’m empty of ideas, I use other crafters on YouTube to inspire me.  These cards were inspired by Jo Rice’s tutorial for Lavinia Stamps – a recent, new find for me; they have some beautiful stamping goodies!

To begin, I stamped the dandelions around two diagonally opposite corners in black ink.  I used Versafine Clair in Nocturne for the first time and I love the intense black of this ink.

  

Next, I added a touch of colour by stencilling gently with some pale blue ink.

To finish, I added a sentiment and heat embossed with some clear powder.  I also added a few tiny dots of glue onto the dandelions and sprinkled on some glitter, although you can’t really see this on the photo.

I’ve also been trying out Distress Oxide inks so for my second card, I did the stencilling first as using Oxide ink over stamps, the ink sits on top as it’s quite opaque.

Stamping over Distress Oxides also produces strange results as the Oxide ink reacts with the moisture in the black ink.  I’m still learning the best ways to use the Oxide inks but I do love their soft, chalky finish.  The sentiment on this is a great one from Inkylicious.

I had intended my second card to be a slimline (DL) card but I dropped the inked stamp on one end so had to chop it down and mat and layer it to a C6 size instead.

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window