Mooching In The Garden

I’m mildly addicted to Mooch! He’s my new stamp and keeps finding his way onto my makes.  I was just going for a straight forward design with this card, envisaging a cat sat in the garden amongst the plants watching the world go by. 

To begin, I cut a piece of scrap paper with a wavy edge and blended some ink to give the ground for the cat sit on.

Next, I stamped Mooch and the greeting.  As Mooch looks up and to the left, it made sense to put the sentiment there, as though he is looking at it.

To add a little colour, I blended some Distress Oxides in Speckled Egg and Picked Raspberry around the edges, spritzed with a little water to lift some colour and added some splats in Speckled Egg.

To make the garden, I stamped the dandelions and thistles silhouettes.

Finally, I added a light pattern using the Feather Leaf stencil and shaded around the edges in black. I finished with some black Nuvo Drops on the silhouettes and clear ones in the sky.

 

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window