Patient Puss

 

Like me, my sister is a big fan of cats so, when it came to making a card for her birthday, it called for another outing for Mooch (Lavinia stamps). I’d recently bought a gel press plate for making backgrounds using mixed media so this was a first outing for that – and for me using it!

To begin, I brayered some Distress Oxide inks in Weathered Wood and Duck Egg onto the gel plate, spritzed with a little water, then pressed my card onto the plate.  This would colour the moon.  Next, I applied a selection of pink and purple Oxides onto the gel plate, added an acetate circle to mask the area for the moon, spritzed with water again and then pressed the card onto the plate.


I wanted the cat to be highlighted by the moon so decided to have him sitting on a wall, made using a brickwork stencil, and then stamped Mooch on top.

 

The final stage was framing the scene which I did with Dandelion and Thistle silhouette stamps, also from Lavinia.  I then used the Feather Leaf stencil to add a little texture to the sky area.  To finish, I added some glitter around the moon and some stars and added some black Nuvo drops onto the silhouettes for subtle reflection from the moon.

To finish the card, I used an 8” x 8” card base and added a black mat to both my topper and the decorative layer beneath.  This was just a piece of white card that I blended the same purple and pink Oxide inks onto and then added the Feather Leaf stencil to coordinate with the topper.

The other thing I made for my sister was a cat themed cake.  I saw this idea on Facebook ages ago and though I know just the person I can make that for.  It made everyone laugh and nobody refused a slice, despite the subject matter!

 

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window