Autumn Wreath

As part of my rehab following my surgery at the end of last month, I have to walk short distances a couple of times daily.  We’re fortunate enough to live close to a country park so it’s been lovely seeing the hedgerows change over the past few weeks and it inspired me to create an autumn wreath for the front door.

The rose hips have been stunning and abundant this year.  There are about 4 or 5 bushes along this path.  This photo doesn’t do it justice but they look fabulous!

I collected a few rose hips, teasels and some grass and weed heads during one of my walks and then collected some leylandii and eucalyptus prunings from our garden for the base foliage.

To form the wreath, I gathered bunches of foliage together…

…and then wired them onto the frame, ensuring the next bunch overlaps the base of the previous bunch.

Lastly, I added the pinecones and teasels, wiring them in to the wreath with some floristry wire.

I’m really pleased how this turned out - I think it perfectly celebrates the beauty of the hedgerows.


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window