Pinecone Wreath

 

The idea for a pinecone wreath card has been rumbling around my mind for a while and I finally got around to trying it out.  I used some of the £1 stamps from Lavinia to create this with a Stampin’ Up! sentiment.

To begin, I lightly drew a circle for a guide and then stamped the pinecone repeatedly, changing the angles.  I used Versafine Clair ink in Pinecone as it’s waterproof and I planned to colour over the top later.

The next layer was using the mini-holly stamp and Rainforest ink.

I then used the sycamore seed stamp as mistletoe, again in Rainforest ink.  After the inks were dry, I used some water-based brown ink pressed onto my block and the Wink Of Stella pen to colour in the pinecones and add some shimmer.

I coloured in the berries and then topped them with red Nuvo glitter drops to them.  I added some white Nuvo drops for mistletoe berries too along with a few green dots around the wreath.

The panel was edged by drawing my Sharpie along the edge and then blending a little ink onto the corners.  I also added a few gold Nuvo drops around the wreath.

Now, I had envisaged it being finished at this stage but it just didn’t feel right so I stamped Pipin looking up at the sentiment and lightly inked a snow bank to make a scene.

It doesn’t show on the picture above but the Wink of Stella gives loads of shimmer, as you can see in the banner photo at the top of the post.

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window