Double Gatefold Christmas Scene

 

The background for this was made during one of my experiments with my gel press.  I rolled distress oxide inks onto the press before printing the snowflakes from Colorado Craft Company Slimline Nordic Snowflakes on top and then taking a print.  I cut this piece into panels for a gatefold card and stuck them to my grid paper with some temporary adhesive whilst I stamped my scene.

To begin, I stamped the pine cones onto the card and onto the sticky part of a Post-it note.  I fussy cut the pinecones and stuck them onto the card so that the branches would sit behind when I stamped them.

 

Next, after inking in some hills, I used a selection of stamps from Lavinia Stamps to create the scene of the animals looking at the beautiful tree, which is actually a feather! 

 

The feather tree was decorated with a tiny star stamp and heat embossed with silver powder.

 

Some fairy charm stamps were added to decorate the overhanging branches before mounting the panels onto a navy card base. 

Card base: 

11¼” x 5¾”, scored at 1⅞”, 3¾”, 7½” and 9⅜”, folded M-V-V-M

Mats: 

Four 1⅝” x 5½” for the side panels; 

two 3½” x 5½” for the main panel and back.

  


 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window