Diamond Pop-Up Card

 

This week’s card is a fancy fold that I happened across on Sam Calcott’s YouTube channel and was intrigued to try it out so used it for a 60th birthday card I needed to make.

To begin, I made a template so I’ve got a guide if I want to make any of these in the future.  I make templates for all of my fancy fold cards.  The dimensions on this are so that it can be made from a UK sized A4 sheet of card.  It can also be made using any size square card blanks, just mark the mid points on the long sides and one end.

The whole mechanism is simply made by folding in the appropriate directions (mountain or valley) and gluing the top triangle down onto the base piece.

To decorate the triangle base pieces, I stamped and heat embossed in silver the dandelions stamp from Lavinia Stamps on Stampin’ Up! Blackberry Bliss card and layered with a white mat.

Next job was to make the topper panel.  I used a hill mask and blended ink to form the landscape, darker in the foreground and getting lighter in the distance to give perspective.  I then stamped more dandelions in Versafine Clair Nocturn ink and heat embossed clear powder on them before stamping the fox (Lavinia Stamps Foxes 1).  I used a circle mask for the sun/moon but unfortunately the temporary adhesive wasn’t as temporary as I’d hoped and it ripped my paper.  I didn’t want to start afresh so started thinking of ideas to overcome this little hurdle.

Another panel was cut for the back of the pop-up for the message.  I stamped more dandelions along the edge of this and also on the envelope.

A little texture was added by first lightly stencilling and then adding Nuvo drops in white and purple.  To cover up the sun/moon, I cut a couple of layered ovals, dry embossing the top one, before adding the numbers.

This card folds flat so it easily fits in the envelope and then naturally springs up once it’s taken out. 

 

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window