Midnight Magic

 

Happy New Year! This week’s post is a card I made for my Mum’s birthday a couple of months ago.  It was inspired by this fabulous card I received for my birthday from a complete stranger! 

I’m a member of a birthday club in a Facebook crafting group who are fans of Lavinia Stamps and this card was from one of the ladies (Kirsty) in that group.  I was super impressed by this card and felt very lucky that someone had spent so much time and effort making such a beautiful card.  I hadn’t heard of the Scene-Scape papers from Lavinia but decided to try some out.  This particular one is called Midnight Magic.

To begin, I blended ink to make some hills onto the scene to give some sense of depth to the scene.

Next, I stamped the scene.  I’m not usually into fairies but I liked Seren (she was on another card I received from the group) so I went out of my comfort zone and bought her.  I added a little yellow ink to give the lamp some light.

This card was to be an easel card so I added the sentiment (cut from vinyl on my Cricut) to the stopper and decorated the inner panel.

To finish, I added a selection of Nuvo drops in white, purple and pink to give some bling and texture.  For some added sparkle, I used Wink of Stella on the fairy’s wings and on the background orbs.

Here’s a picture of my Mum, the birthday girl, with her fabulous cake made by my sister.

I also tried out the Scene-Scape paper for a Christmas card for some cat-loving friends.

  


 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window