Mistletoe Madness

 

Do you remember my post last January when I said I was going to try to make a few Christmas cards each month so that it wasn’t all a frantic panic in December?  Well, that lasted all of one month and I made a grand total of 2! Doh!! So, a new year and a new attempt – fingers crossed this one will go better?  I’ve been feeling a bit fed up lately due to not being well so thought I’d treat myself to this stencil set.  It’s by Taylored Expressions, a new company for me, and it’s designed to make mass-producing cards easier as you create 4 backgrounds with the stencil.  It's designed for the US sized version of A4, which is slightly shorter and fatter than the UK version but it works just fine.

For the leaves, I blended SU! Old Olive ink through stencil 1 and SU! Garden Green through stencil 2 onto SU! Crumb Cake card.  You can use the same green for each stencil though – that’s what I did for my envelopes as I like to use a waterproof ink on them.  I then used Hero Arts Unicorn ink for the berries.

The final stencil is a shadow/highlight on the berries.  I did this using a variety of inks and media to trial the different effects.  I used various inks, Versamark with Heat ‘n’ Stick powder and glitter, a line of Nuvo Drops dragged across the stencil – this one’s a bit messy!  Whilst I was making the craft-coloured set and the stencils were inky, I also made a set on white card, using gold and red for the berries.

After cutting the panels down, the craft ones were mounted on a SU! Soft Suede card-base.  The sentiments are Modern Holiday Greetings, also from Taylored Expressions. I really love the clean lines of this font.

Love this set - it's so elegant, complete with matching envelopes!

Two of the white set were mounted on the same card-base and I used red for the other two.  The ink on the berries got a bit washed out when I added some sparkly Nuvo glitter.

Lastly, I also wanted to try out a new stencil I bought in the sale from Sweet Poppy Stencils.  It’s called the Mistletoe Tree and it’s designed by Lavinia Stamps.  I used Decofoil Transfer Gel Duo, foil and white Nuvo Drops for this and embossed a line around the edge to finish the panel. 

10 cards of mistletoe madness completed for 2022’s Christmas collection!

 


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window