Puss Patronus


As you know, I’m a great lover of cats so, this stencil on Sweet Poppy Stencils’ website immediately called to me.  It’s called Faith and I think it has a very calm, serene feel to it.  I planned on using my Mooch silhouette with it but hadn’t envisaged it looking like a patronus from Harry Potter!

I thought I’d make two cards but in different colours to see which looked best.  First, I used my blending brushes and Rococo Rose and Pretty Peacock inks, plus a touch of Smoky Slate, through the stencil.

 

Next, I stamped Mooch and then grounded him by using my hillside mask and blending some grey ink.  I added another hillside slightly paler and then some mountains, paler still, to give the illusion of depth.

Trees were stamped either side and I used the tops of the trees for bushes in the foreground.  I used the Star Cluster and heart Fairy Charm as the focal point for Mooch’s gaze.  These were stamped in Versafine Claire Glamorous and Sea Breeze as they were the same tone as the blended colours but stood out more.

A few Nuvo drops were added, together with a little glitter.  I went  over the heart with Nuvo drops in a thick layer to give the heart dimension.

To finish framing the piece, I stamped leaves around the edges and also blended some grey though the Feather Leaf stancil and black around the edges to draw the eye into the centre. 

Which is your favourite? The pink or the green?  I love them both!

  


 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window