Indian Flourish

 

I’m a member of the Lavinia For You Facebook group birthday club where the members send cards to each other, made using Lavinia stamps. It’s quite informal and there’s no commitment; people do it quite often so they have somewhere to send their makes.  If I’m not going to have the time to create individual masterpieces (?!), I batch make a set of cards for the birthdays for that month.  I’m using 5” x 5” card blanks for these with a 4” square topper and 4½” square mat.

Using the Charming stencil, I blended SU! Rococo Rose and So Saffron inks through to create a soft background.

Next, I stamped the Indian Flourish stamp and birthday sentiment with Versafine Clair Nocturne, added clear embossing powder and heat set it.  I like to emboss simple cards like this as it gives a bit more interest.  My preference is to stamp in black and add clear embossing powder as it gives a sharper image than embossing with black powder.

The inside of the card and the envelopes were partially stamped with the Indian Flourish.

Finally, the panels were mounted onto a black mat layer and then added to the card-base.  I added Nuvo drops in various colours for some dimension.

  


 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window