"Oops!" Moment

 

Do you ever have an 'oops!' moment, usually when you’re 99% through creating your card?  The decision then is whether to plough on and try to recover it or bin it and start again.  I will generally try the former, usually by stamping over the offending area however it wasn’t possible on this card so I had to think of something else.  Glitter came to the rescue!

The aim was for a clean and simple slimline card in landscape format, with a cat on a rainbow platform. To begin, I masked off the bottom section and blended a variety of inks to make the rainbow section.  I spritzed with a little water to give some texture.

Using my Stamparatus stamp positioner, as I wanted the cat silhouette to be super solid, I stamped the image 4 times.  The cat stamp is Mimsy by Lavinia Stamps.

 

After the sentiment was stamped, I felt it needed something extra so added a couple of small star clusters. Versafine Clair ink is slow drying and I’d inadvertently put the side of my hand onto the cat and then printed above.  There was not much I could do to over-stamp that error.

I added a black marker line to ground Mimsy - and an unintentional smudge of ink just above him!

So, it was now a case of starting over.  Or maybe I could hide the ‘oops!’ by covering the entire panel in glitter?  It was worth a try anyway.  I covered the panel in Versamark and added Heat ‘n’ Stick powder, which goes on white but goes clear (and slightly sticky) when heated.

The glitter was added and the panel heated again, which sets the glitter in place.  I brushed the panel over the bin to remove any excess glitter so that the recipient doesn’t get covered in it when they remove the card from the envelope!  Once the glitter was on, the smudge wasn’t visible any longer.   Result!

  


 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window