Skip Into The Sunset

 

This week’s post is the card I made for Mr L for Valentine’s Day.  I was inspired to have a go at making a scene with Copic markers after watching (many) Sandy Alnock’s videos.  Sandy is so talented and makes everything look so doable!

To begin, I stamped the mice from Colorado Craft Company’s Ever Thine, another of the Anita Jeram stamps.  I used Ink on 3’s no-line ink, although the finished work ended up darker than I’d intended so I could have used black.

For the first stage of the background, I used a variety of pinks, purples, blues, oranges and yellows and swiped lines in from each side of the panel.

I started shading the mice, using darker and darker and darker shades, probably going too dark at the end as the features were more or less obliterated.  I tried to add shadows cast by the sun, linking the shadow to one foot only to give the impression of movement, making it look like they are skipping.

Using the black Copic marker, I then added some silhouette foliage and a tree in the foreground.

I used the Copic colourless blender to lift some colour from the sky for highlighths on the clouds before white heat embossing the sentiment.  The final touches were white highlights made with a Posca pen and a few Posca splats into the sky.

 

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window