Cardstock Strips

 

This week’s card is one I made after watching the fabulous Jennifer McGuire on YouTube.  Her card looked so elegant so I wanted to have a go.  On reflection, I think I could have done with a larger stencil that covered more of the card.

To begin, I cut a bunch of strips of various widths from 4 colours of card.  This is a great way to use up some of those off-cuts!

Next, I glued the strips onto some scrap paper and trimmed the panel to the height of the card blank.  With Distress Oxide Weathered Wood, I used a blending brush to stencil the Frame pattern (Sweet Poppy Stencils) centrally onto the panel and card blank.

The birthday and shadow dies are by Honey Bee Stamps and were cut from the same-coloured card as the strips and mounted onto a stitched circle die cut.

I finished the sentiment panel with some stamping.

Due to the stencil not being quite big enough, I thought the card needed a bit more interest so added rhinestones for a touch of bling.

 

 


 

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window