Mother's Day Moggies


Happy Mother’s Day!  My cards this week are the ones I made for my Mum and Mum-in-law using the Colorado Craft Company For Mom stamp set, another one by Anita Jeram.

Firstly, I stamped the main image and coloured it with my Faber Castell Polychromos pencils.  I tried to add some variety of shade but didn’t bother to blend the colours.

My plan was to blend the pencil colour using Zest-it Pencil Blend and some paper stumps.  It’s my first time using this and it worked well.  It’s an oily texture and I poured some onto a sponge I’d put in a small jar so I could dab the stumps onto the sponge.  This was a tip I got from a Sandy Allnock video. 

For the background, I repeat stamped one of the smaller stamps from the set with Versamark and heat set with clear embossing powder.  I also added this stamp to the envelope and liner of the card.

To finish the card, the panel and sentiment were mounted on a stitched panel before being adhered to the background and then attached to a pink card base. For a little dimension, I added some clear Nuvo drops onto the flower, the teacup and the teapot lid.

Two cards, the same but different.

 

 



 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window