Easter Bunnies

 

For my Easter cards this year, I used the Anita Jeram Happy Easter stamp set, by Colorado Craft Company and Bunny Friends by Penny Black.  Those bunnies are so cute!

First, after stamping with waterproof ink, I completed the pictures with some watercolour painting.

The card bases are from a pad of pre-scored patterned card.  The polka dots make a fun background for the images.

The watercolour finish was quite muted and I wanted to see how differently they’d look coloured with more intense colours.  I stamped with MFT hybrid ink and also stamped the same image onto some masking paper.  After applying the masking paper, I blended some green ink onto the ground area and used a cloud stencil and blue ink for the sky.  I then removed the masking paper and coloured with my Copic markers.


To extend the scene, I sketched in some silver birch trees on the sides.  You can see the difference in the intensity of colours between the watercolour and the Copic markers.

I did the same masking for these cards and decided on some multi-coloured plant pots for the bunnies.

Lastly, I made some milk carton style boxes to house the Easter goodies.  The panels were decorated with gingham patterned paper and the recipient’s initial, some bunny ears, made with oval die cuts, and a bow, made using Avery Elle Wonky Bow die.


 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window