Metallic Accents

This week’s post features an outing for a rarely used die that I bought when I first started card making many years ago.  It’s a silhouette flower/foliage that I really like the shape of but have never really used very much.

As I was planning on white silhouette images, I needed a vibrant background so I dug out my Brushos.  I mixed up some Prussian Blue and Purple and, after putting on some clean water onto my watercolour paper, dropped in the colours and let them mingle and do their thing.  To add some sparkle to the background, I spattered on some gold Finetec paint.  On another piece of watercolour paper, I swirled some of the gold paint to use for the die cuts.

Once the paint was dry, I die cut the panel with a scalloped frame and cut out the flower heads.

The flowers were glued onto the background and a little white twine was wrapped around the panel.  From the leftover gold-spattered card, I die cut a small heart to cover the base of the flowers and a rectangle for the stamped sentiment.

  


 

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window