Giraffe Shaker Card

This card was for my friend who had recently painted a giraffe at her art class.  I’m not capable of drawing a giraffe but it was a good excuse to dig out a stamp set that I’ve not used for a while, Party Animal by W Plus 9.

 To form the layers for the card, I die cut some stacking rectangles using Waffle Flower’s Lacy Layers Dies.  Since I wanted a shaker element to the card, I die cut the balloon using the dies that match the stamp set.

The balloon was stamped on the background piece and I added a sentiment from one of the Anita Jeram sets.  I inked around the edge of the balloon to try to give some illusion of 3D form but once the sequins are in, this isn’t obvious so I’d probably skip this step next time.

On the top layer, I stamped one of the giraffes and coloured him with Copic markers.  Using a fine liner, I added a few grassy patches and a string to the balloon tied to the giraffe’s tail.

Rather than use foam strips to form the shaker window, I cut a whole panel from fun foam and cut out the balloon.  This gives a lot more support to the rest of the front panel too.

After adhering a piece of acetate behind the balloon hole on the front panel, I glued the foam onto the back of it.  I then placed a few sequins and a little glitter onto the centre of the balloon, out the way of the edges so they didn’t interfere with the glue, and stuck the front panel on top.  I stamped the other giraffe in the set on the inside of the card and the envelope.

 

 

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window