Shake My Tree

 

This week's card is another entry into the Mission Christmas Card challenge to myself. The turnabout stamps from Concord & 9th are a quick way to create your own patterned card.  I used the Tiny Trees turnabout for this panel.  It did start out as a square panel (just under 6” square) but I dropped the ink pad on it so it had to be trimmed down.

After stamping the panel in Stampin’ Up! Blushing Bride, Mint Macaron, Smoky Slate and Pretty Peacock, I then die cut a Christmas tree shape from the panel for the shaker window.

A piece of acetate was adhered behind the window before adding some foam dimensional strips, ensuring that the window was completely enclosed so the shaker elements can’t escape!

Next, the backdrop for the shaker window.  Since the front panel is quite busy, I didn’t want too much pattern on the backdrop but didn’t want it to be plain either.   After stamping the sentiment for the front, I thought I’d try a repeat stamping of the sentiment in the same colour as the card, Pretty Peacock.

The shaker bits are table gems.  They’re not too big and look glittery but are way easier to manage than glitter!  The shaker panel was mounted on a Blushing Bride card blank and I got a tree tag as an added bonus. 

 



 


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window