Three Amigos


Our lovely Godson celebrated his first birthday recently so I looked through my stash to find something suitable for a 1st birthday card.  The Three Amigos set by Mama Elephant caught my eye as I thought I could stack the critters to create a number 1. 

Upon further consideration, I decided that it wouldn’t be obvious that the stack was number 1 so I created a one-shaped card in Design Space and cut it out on my Cricut Maker, together with a couple of layers.

Next, I stamped the critters and coloured them with my Copic markers.  I stamped the sentiments and added a tiny heart from another stamp set.

Using the matching dies, I cut out the critters.  Since the critters would stick out from the No.1 and the Copic markers bleed through the card, I cut additional die cuts from the card base to cover the back of the colouring.

The animals didn’t reach the top of the card so I cut a little section of white card and stencilled clouds on it.  I die cut 2 lengths of ‘grass’ for the base.

Lastly, I popped the critters up on foam pads and added foam pads to the top layer of grass. 

To add a little more dimension to To add a little more dimension to the characters, I finished them with some clear Nuvo drops on the eyes, noses and the hearts.

 

 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window